Business Process Analysis introductory course
This tutorial teaches you how to analyze the processing aspects of any business large or small.
The subject matter is also known in the technical world as Business Process Analysis, which is an essential part of what’s known as Business Process Improvement and Business Process Management.
Analysis is the most important technical task in business improvement and done correctly will provide the most benefits and insights for any business.
This tutorial is intended to give you a good knowledge of Process Analysis using Customer Focused concepts and a reading knowledge of the analysis effort result, which is a Business Process Analysis Specification. That specification captures the Essential Business Processing and Workflow in an organization or business area.
- The Process of Analysis
- Why do Process Analysis
- What to capture in Analysis
Events - the Core of Every Organization
- The Concept of Events
- What is an Event in the Business World?
- The different types of Events
Creating a Process Model
- The Context Diagram and Event List
- The Six Important Components of an Event Process Model
- Typical Symbols used for Process Modeling
- The Best Way to Produce an Event Driven Process Model
Defining Data Flow - Data-on-the-move
- Capturing Essential Business Data
- A Sample Standard Naming Convention
- A Sample Concise Data Dictionary Notation
- An Example of a Complete Data Dictionary Entry
Defining Stored Data - Data-at-rest
- Seeing through the old Design of Existing Files
- Essential versus Non-Essential Stored Data
- A Model for Stored Data
- The Link between Process Models and Data Models
Specifying Business Policy - Process Specifications
- Using the lowest level Process Model
- Specifying Detailed Processing
- Methods of Specification
- Capturing Business Processing vs. Design Procedure
The Beginning of the New Design
-The Complete Business Process Analysis Specification
-Identifying the new design Automation Boundary
-Identifying Design Interfaces
-Implementing efficient functional Compartment Teams
A Logical Conclusion for the Organization
- Essential Components of the Organization's Documentation
- Ultimate Benefits to a Customer Event-Driven Organization
Introductory Course Outline
Approx. 1 hour online streaming Video MP4 Format
Single user version
Contact us for Corporate Licensing
Watch, Learn, Practice and Apply.
Contact Logical Conclusions Inc.:
Link to our other video website:
Logical Conclusions Inc.
Why learn Business Analysis from us?
For over 3 decades the creator of our video content, Brian Dickinson, has taught thousands of students in onsite business and technical workshop seminars. He is a sought after keynote conference speaker and author of many Business Analysis books. He is one of the original authors and educators on the subject.
Our online Business Process Analysis courses are the same ones that Fortune 500 companies and large government agencies have requested we teach to their in-house IT/IS and Business staff - with impressive evaluations.
Our Customer-focused, event-driven Methodology shows how to use Business Analysis in concert with other development methods and models to obtain an efficient, productive, agile business.
This fast moving online video tutorial teaches you how to produce a basic Business-Event-Driven Process Model for any size business. It covers essential aspects of Process Analysis in less than an hour using practical examples.
Even though this is a beginner's introductory tutorial, if it is used to analyze a small organization you will probably find that there is enough information in here to do a good analysis of its business processing.
Logical Conclusions Inc.